Desperate Housewives started off with a bang (literally!). From the moment Mary-Alice shot herself, I was hooked. Wisteria Lane had been uncommonly blessed with a fantastic mystery, witty dialogue, and a cast to die for (again, literally!).
Unfortunately, what started off as a show with endless potential has completely become a parody of itself. Each well written character has turned into a cartoon shell of its formal self. Last night’s episode again illustrated why this show has become almost unwatchable.
1. Susan Meyer needing to re-marry her scum of an ex-husband for medical insurance. If Susan can afford to live on Wisteria Lane, how can she not afford an operation, or health insurance?
2. If Tom and Lynette are each working employed as well paid Ad Execs, how can they not afford a live in nanny for their crazy kids?
3. Why did they have to cast an older version of Catherine Zeta-Jones as Gabby’s Mom?
4. Why does Edie suddenly want to get married? Hasn’t she always been written as the Wisteria whore who doesn’t need a man to get by?
5. It’s time to move on, Mary-Alice is dead, the entire Paul/Zach story is so boring and creepy, why is this story continuing to suck all energy out of the show?
6. Perhaps the biggest question of all though is, Why am I still watching this show?
Check back later today, as theTVaddict.com’s Podcast 3 will be available!