The AV Club recently posted a list of the 15 BEST TELEVISION SHOWS TO ONLY LAST ONE SEASON. There list is as follows:
1. Cop Rock (Fox, 1990)
2. Harsh Realm (Fox, 1999)
3. The Dana Carvey Show (ABC, 1996)
4. Now And Again (CBS, 1999)
5. Cupid (ABC, 1998)?6. Nothing Sacred (ABC, 1997)
7. Profit (Fox, 1996)
8. Freaks & Geeks (NBC, 1999)
9. Undeclared (Fox, 2001)
10. Stella (Comedy Central, 2005)
11. Firefly (Fox, 2002)
12. Police Squad! (ABC, 1982)
13. Action (Fox, 1999)
14. TV Funhouse (Comedy Central, 2000)
15. That’s My Bush! (Comedy Central, 2001)
While it’s a great list, this TV Addict feels that the AV Club missed a few worthy shows. So here it goes, THE TV ADDICT’S BEST SHOWS TO ONLY LAST ONE SEASON (that the AV Club Missed):
1. Grosse Pointe (WB, 2000) Darren Starr’s brilliant send-up of BEVERLY HILLS 90210 was the only funny comedy the WB has ever produced.
2. The Comeback (HBO, 2005) Lisa Kudrow followed FRIENDS with one of the most layered performances of her career. Kudrow’s portrayal of has-been sitcom star Valerie Cherish was an Emmy worthy performance and proved to viewers that there is life after Pheobe.
3. Miss Match (NBC, 2003) The adorable Alicial Silverstone and a phenomenal roster of actors, including Dina Meyer, Nathan Fillion, Charisma Carpenter, Ryan O’Neal, Daniel Dae Kim, Lake Bell (and so many more) made MISS MATCH one of NBC’s surprise flops of 2003.