This being US Thanksgiving, I thought I’d spend the day writing a list of what I’m thankful for (TV edition). First and foremost (cheese alert!), I’m thankful to each and every reader who takes a moment out of their day to visit theTVaddict.com. Whether you just quickly read a post, take the time to comment/post, listen to the podcast, or email me, it’s been an absolute pleasure conversing. Also a huge shout-out to Amrie and Jenny who take the time out of their busy lives to write weekly columns that we’ve come to know and love. As well as Ari (my podcast partner in crime) who regardless of people want to hear it or not, spends thirty minutes a week with me talking about TV (among other things).
Now on to my list (please feel free to contribute).
I’m Thankful For…
1) ABC’s resurgence: DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, UGLY BETTY, GREY’S ANATOMY, BROTHERS & SISTERS, and yes, even LOST. Who knew the network that gave us WHAT ABOUT JIM and RODNEY would turn around to be so good so fast.
2) Marc and Amanda: The funniest sidekicks who just can’t seem to get their act together.
3) NBC Thursday: Starting next Thursday, MUST SEE TV truly returns to television. OFFICE, SCRUBS and 30 ROCK — I can’t wait.
4) SHOWTIME: DEXTER and WEEDS, two of the most daring, slightly insane shows on TV. Seven episodes in, still no clue as to who the Ice Truck Killer is.
5) Green Arrow: Made SMALLVILLE watch-able again. Spin-off please.
6) My PVR: The only reason I’m able to watch as much TV goodness as I am. Behind my Mac, iPod and TV, the best invention ever.
7) The guy who invented the first Cylon: Without them, we wouldn’t have that crazy war that destroyed Caprica and gave us BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.
8) TV on DVD: BEVERLY HILLS 90210, MELROSE PLACE, THE WEST WING, SPORTS NIGHT, GILMORE GIRLS, SCRUBS, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, NEWSRADIO, ENTOURAGE, THE OFFICE, ALIAS… my shelves are full and I’m lovin’ it!
9) HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER: The show is quickly reaching cult-like status for this TV addict, having already given us an amazing second season filled with “You’ve Been Lawyered”, “Swarley” and of course Robin Sparkles!
10) CHRIS PRATT: From EVERWOOD to THE OC, Chris Pratt definitely brightens up our day.
11) PARIS GELLAR: Through seven years of Lorelai love triangles, tumultuous relationships and behind-the-scenes changes, Paris remains the one constant brilliant star in all of Stars Hollow.