Last night I arrived home only to discover that (gasp!) my PVR had run out of space and failed to record VERONICA MARS (Cruel World why do you do these things to me!?). Luckily, Rogers cable (my cable provider) allows me to watch the west coast feed on KTLA, so after erasing some a ton of old NEWSRADIO episodes (sorry Phil, I have no choice), I was able to record Mrs. Mars at midnight. Stay tuned for my thoughts on the Dean O’Dell Mystery wrap up later today.
That said, it was 9:30PM and frankly I was bored — so I did the unthinkable. I tuned into a new FOX Reality Show (double gasp!) ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER? Truth be told, I found myself enjoying the show and am happy to report, I am indeed smarter than a fifth grader… but just barely.
If you’re wondering if YOU’RE smarter than a fifth grader, why not test yourself with some of the questions from last night’s episode. (Answers are in the Comments, no cheating!)
1. True or False, Polar bears feed on Penguins?
2. If a triangle has an area of 16 square inches and a base of 8 inches, how long is its height? (4th grade math)
3. Who is the first president to be impeached? (4th grade history)
(Note: A UCLA lawyer didn’t get this one!)
4. Name the ship that the pilgrims sailed on from Plymouth England to the Plymouth Colony in America in 1620.
5. Part of a person’s sleep cycle is called a REM cycle. What does REM stand for? (4th grade health)
You can test yourself even more by checking out the official show web site on FOX.com