Now I’m no conspiracy buff, but even I can’t help but notice a pattern when it comes to HEROES and the number seven. Take last night’s episode for example. HEROES finally returned after a seven week hiatus. The episode was titled, “0.7%” — which in case you’re wondering, also happens to be the percentage of the earth’s population that would be annihilated if New York were to explode (say, at the hands of an exploding man). And coincidentally, theTVaddict has seven questions that I’ve been pondering since the episode ended. Feel free to chime in if you have any of the answers.
1. Be it Nathan, Peter or Claire, each Petrelli member has some sort of power. Which naturally begs the question, what’s Mamma Petrelli’s power? Futhermore. If Linderman can heal things, why didn’t he bother to heal Nathan and Peter’s father?
2. Did more than seven viewers actually believe Peter was dead?
3. How many more times are the HEROES writers going to go to the ‘shapeshifting well’. It was neat the first time (when Missy Peregrym’s character pretended to be HRG’s wife), but now it’s just getting predictable.
4. What exactly does Linderman need Micah for? Is it possible he needs him to rig those electronic voting machines — ensuring Nathan wins his upcoming election. Linderman, some advice if I may. If you’re looking to rig an election, there are far easier ways to do so. Paging Karl Rove.
5. Is Isaac really dead? And if so, could Sylar have done us a favour and taken Mohinder with him. Mohinder is now officially the most useless character on the show. I’m pretty sure we’ve learned everything we can from his father’s research.
6. Why was Sylar’s style of painting so different than Isaacs? Apparently Sylar can only replicate ones power, not their talent.
7. Finally, isn’t future Hiro meeting present Hiro against the rules of time travel? I’m pretty sure in some random STAR TREK episode I watched ten years ago — okay, the series finale titled “All Good Things”, and yes I’m apparently a huge nerd — we learned that when your future and present self meet, it causes some sort of explosion that will rip a hole in the space-time continuum. What are the repercussions of their meeting? And more importantly, is future Hiro going to give present Hiro some clothing advice? How much cooler is future Hiro’s super-hero costume?