To paraphrase THE SIMPSON’S uber TV critic Comic Book Guy, “Worst Episode Ever!”
Okay, perhaps that’s a bit of an overstatement. But truth be told, last night’s installment of DEXTER was incredibly disappointing. Here’s why:
1. Are we seriously to believe that 160 pound Dexter Morgan could so easily subdue an armed and dangerous lethal weapon like Sgt. Doakes?
2. When Dexter asked Doakes how he found his little hiding spot, Doakes explained that he simply planted a GPS device on his boat. If that’s the case, why did Doakes waste all that time following Dexter throughout the season’s first few episodes? Why not use a GPS device?
3. The writer’s employed my television pet peeve — one that’s usually reserved for the likes of Jack Bauer on 24. When Doakes was conversing with LaGuerta on a cell phone, he wouldn’t reveal that he was secretly tracking Dexter. I mean HELLO!!! Shouldn’t the first words out of Doakes’ mouth have been, “By the way, you should probably know that Dexter Morgan is the Bay Harbour Butcher!”
4. Unless the writer’s have one helluva rabbit up their sleeve [and they very well may have one!] — Sgt. Doakes is all but dead. Which means season three of DEXTER just got far less interesting. Just ask JJ Abrams how ALIAS did without the brilliant dynamic between Sydney, SpyDaddy Jack Bristow and SpyMommy Irina Derevko.
5. Keith Carradine’s gratuitous butt shot. Was it really necessary? If we want to see old people naked, we’ll flip over to HBO’s TELL ME YOU LOVE ME.