By Special Guest Columnist Seth C.
So it has been three weeks since my last article on how to fix HEROES and a lot has happened since then, and I must say not all of it good. Everyone is saying how Heroes is back on track, but I still think it needs a long way to go….and here is why.
1. The need for Claire’s blood. This whole plot line really bothers me. Adam has been prisoner for 30 years with the corporation. Everyone knows that Adam’s blood heals(as we saw with Nathan and have been told by other characters). So why weren’t they stockpiling Adam’s blood. Lets be generous and say they only took one pint a month for 30 years(with his healing powers they could easily take more) that would be 360 pints or over 40 gallons!! of blood more then enough when you saw that only one syringe was able to heal Nathan.
2. The Wonder(less) Twins. I was more interested on why Alejandro’s wife was cheating on her wedding day then on the twins and their quest. If I see her cry once more I may stab my own eyes out. Kill them both off already. If Sylar takes both their powers will he be a light switch: black goo on, black goo off, black goo on…….
3. Four Months Ago. The whole episode was terrible. Are we meant to believe that Peter is so gullible that he will give everything up so it won’t happen again. Also Peter can absorb powers, being so close to Adam wouldn’t he now have Adam’s powers which would render the drugs useless because of his healing powers, oh wait he already had that power from Claire. D.L.(calling Squad 51). He doesn’t phase the second he sees a gun. Please… What happened to Sylar for the past 4 months? How did HRG and Claire stay under the radar for so long? How did HRG and Mohinder meet up? All Four Months ago did was aggravate the audience by showing Peter as a sniveling baby.
4. HRG surviving was just too obvious and too cliched lets have dead characters stay dead unless they are flashbacks.
5. Sylar!! He is a wonderful anti-hero who has been delegated to the sidelines and has yet to see major playing time this year. It’s time to put in your heavy hitters.
6. Hiro. Yes he is back in our time, and yes he has to deal with the death of his father, but his trying to change time is getting confusing. He helps Adam and then can’t help his father? He only now learns of to be a “hero”. Yes Hiro was surprised to learn Adam killed his father but I was not. Who else could walk away from a fall like that-Peter, Claire or Adam? Process of elimination it was Adam.
7. Elle. She is very annoying with her treating of all men like puppy dogs that she wants to keep.
Now I must admit there have been some positives.
1. The virus. It has the potential to being a great story line if they follow it through.
2. Elle. The misguided, flirtatious character has started to grow on me. Lot of character potential there.
3. The future meeting of Hiro and Adam should be a great confrontation.
The most recent episode: Cautionary Tales showed they can tell a good story when focusing on a few characters and the struggles of HRG. Get rid of the last minute and the whole Hiro story line and you have the best episode of the season. I know there are only two more episodes because of the Writers Strike but lets hope we finish with a bang so that we don’t spend our next few months debating which season 2 was worse Lost or Heroes.