Welcome to a new week for This Week on TV and the first week of March. What a crazy week for TV. Lots of premieres, several finales and TONS of new TV. Weeeee! So let’s see what’s going on, shall we?
Sunday marks the series premiere of 4 new shows! First up is Oprah’s Big Give on ABC at 9/8c. It defies television convention with the bold idea of people competing to give rather than get. In eight one-hour episodes, a diverse, determined and competitive group of ten people are given the challenge of a lifetime — to change the lives of complete strangers in the most creative and dramatic ways. In this intense competition, the contestants criss-cross the country, scrambling to find ways to impact the fates and fortunes of unsuspecting people who are in for the surprise of their lives. Lives will be changed in the blink of an eye as contestants race against time to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences and also give away hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Next up is Here Come the Newlyweds on ABC at 10:02/9:02c. Seven just-married couples compete for a nest egg worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to kick-start their new lives together and help them realize their dreams in this new romantic comedy reality series.
Also tonight is the series premiere of That’s Amore! on MTV at 10/9c. This romantic comedy-reality elimination series features Domenico Nesci, the Italian native from the hit series A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila. Domenico may have gone home broken-hearted, but this Italian bachelor hasn’t given up on love. He’s still looking for the perfect match, and MTV is going to help him find her.
Finally, it’s the series premiere of Unhitched on FOX at 9:30/8:30c. Executive-produced by the Farrelly Brothers, this single-camera comedy revolves around four unattached friends who actually want to be married and must navigate the tricky waters of dating in their 30s. The series stars Craig Bierko, Rashida Jones, Johnny Sneed and Shaun Majumder.
Also, don’t miss the season premiere of Dirt on FX at 10/9c! Lucy returns to the magazine to reclaim her position as “Tabloid Queen”; Don experiences life on medication; a chance encounter between Lucy and a young pop star results in a surprising opportunity.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood – E! @ 10:30/9:30c
- *Season Finale* – The Girls Next Door – E! @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Here Come the Newlyweds – ABC @ 10:02/9:02c
- *Series Premiere* – Oprah’s Big Give – ABC @ 9/8c
- *Series Premiere* – That’s Amore! – MTV @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Unhitched – FOX @ 9:30/8:30c
- *Season Premiere* – Dirt – FX @ 10/9c
- *New* – Aliens In America – CW @ 8:30/7:30c
- *New* – America’s Funniest Home Videos – ABC @ 7/6c
- *New* – Big Brother – CBS @ 8/7c
- *New* – Breaking Bad – AMC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Deal or No Deal – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Dexter – CBS @ 10/9c (New to CBS)
- *New* – Everybody Hates Chris – CW @ 8/7c
- *New* – Extreme Makeover: Home Edition – ABC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Family Guy – FOX @ 9/8c
- *New* – King of the Hill – FOX @ 8:30/7:30c
- *New* – My Fair Brady… Maybe Baby? – VH1 @ 10:30/9:30c
- *New* – Rock of Love with Bret Michaels – VH1 @ 9/8c
- *New* – Russell Simmons Presents: Def Comedy Jam – HBO @ 10/9c
- *New* – Scott Baio is 46… and Pregnant – VH1 @ 10/9c
- *New* – The L Word – Showtime @ 9/8c
- *New* – The Simpsons – FOX @ 8/7c
- *New* – The Wire – HBO @ 9/8c