Rather than remain incredibly bitter and resentful that virtually the entire world seems to be attending this weeks 25th Annual Paley Festival [and yes, I’m talking to you GMMR and DUCKY!] This TV Addict will yet again take the high road in an effort to ensure my fellow TV Addicts and Paley Fest attendees have the time of their life.
As a two time Paley Festival veteran, one of the highlights of the event is the audience Q&A, where fans can ask questions to their favorite show’s stars and show-runners. Of course, with great power comes great responsibility. Thus, the TV Addict proudly presents: 5 Questions NOT to ask* should you get the opportunity.
1. The audience wants to hear from the stars and showrunners of their favorite shows. Nobody cares how much you love the show and how it has changed your life. In other words, keep your questions short, sweet and most importantly to the point.
2. No autographs or hugs. It was cute once, maybe at the first Paley Festival ever. Now it’s just annoying.
3. Don’t ask how each cast member broke into acting. Odds are, if you were any good, you’d be on stage and not asking such an inane question.
4. One question doesn’t mean one question for every single person on stage. Nothing is more maddening than the words, “This is a question for the entire panel…”
5. And finally, if you find yourself with the uber responsibility of the night’s final question, please make it a good one. If you’re not sure, just pass. The last thing the audience wants to hear is a lame question like the one this TV Addict had to endure at last year’s DEXTER panel. Want to know when the show’s DVD is coming out, check tvshowsondvd.com.
* TV Addict Note: This post is also applicable to Comic Con!