Tuesday marks the series premiere of four shows. First up on A&E is The Cleaner at 10/9c. It follows Benjamin Bratt as William Banks, a recovering addict who helps others get clean by any means necessary as he struggles to maintain his own rocky personal life. William works with an eclectic team. Swenton is a wily smart aleck who is great undercover and always jealous of Akani, the beautiful, manipulative, and mysterious woman who always seems to get the best assignments and might just have a romantic past with William. Darnell is the newest member of William’s crew. Darnell is deeply indebted to William for helping his younger brother get clean, but he must balance his deep religious convictions with the kind of work required as part of William’s team. Together with this eclectic group, William works week-in and week-out to bring addicts of all kinds to the point where they are ready and willing to get help and begin the difficult process of getting clean. With every success and every failure, William wrestles with his own demons through an unusual relationship with God. He’s a man caught between an unwavering commitment to his work, deep love for his family, and the ghosts of his own addictions. Bad for his personal life, perhaps, but these are the tensions that make William the one you want helping a troubled loved one, the one you trust to do whatever is necessary, the man you want by your side in your darkest hour. In the face of tragedy and addiction, William Banks will risk everything to be The Cleaner.
Also tonight is the premiere of From G’s to Gents on MTV at 10/9c. Jamie Foxx heads to the hood to find 14 young G’s with gruff exteriors and unrelenting street swagger, and puts them to the ultimate challenge of their lives pull up their pants, check their egos and transform them into true gentlemen. It will feature author, recording artist and arbiter of good taste Fonzworth Bentley serving as mentor, life coach and confidante to these young men who all believe they have what it takes to shed their bad boy images and make life altering changes.
Finally, TLC has the series premiere of 2 shows & the season premiere of 1. First up is the season premiere of Say Yes to the Dress on TLC at 8/7c. Following that is the series premiere of Rock the Reception at 8:30/7:30c. It follows two engaged couples as they painstakingly and often clumsily – rehearse a professionally choreographed production number as their surprise first dance for their wedding reception. The happy couple is taught their mighty moves by veteran husband and wife choreography team Napoleon and Tabitha D’Umo (So You Think You Can Dance), who have trained such superstars as Justin Timberlake, Beyonce and Celine Dion. But the fun of watching the couple’s surprise dance number come to fruition is nothing compared to the shock, screams and whistles from their stunned wedding guests.
Lastly is the series premiere of Must Love Kids at 9/8c. The dating world can be daunting for anyone looking for love, but for a single parent, trying to find the perfect balance between a relationship, a career, and raising young children can be extremely time-consuming and intimidating. Viewers will be enthralled as these three women step out of their comfort zone and give themselves the opportunity to meet someone specialpotentially, a life-long partner. With an estimated 10.4 million single mothers in the U.S., these three single moms will undoubtedly inspire others to take the initiative and focus on their own happiness, while still being able to balance the responsibilities of a single parent. Its a real-life journey of love and family in an original relationship series unlike any other.
Also on tonight:
- *Series Premiere* – From G’s to Gents – MTV @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Must Love Kids – TLC @ 9/8c
- *Series Premiere* – Rock the Reception – TLC @ 8:30/7:30c
- *Series Premiere* – The Cleaner – A&E @ 10/9c
- *Season Premiere* – Say Yes to the Dress – TLC @ 8/7c
- *Sports* – MLB All-Star Game 2008 – FOX @ 8/7c (3-Hour Special)
- *New* – America’s Got Talent – NBC @ 9/8c
- *New* – Big Brother – CBS @ 9/8c
- *New* – Celebrity Family Feud – NBC @ 8/7c
- *New* – Deadliest Catch – Discovery @ 9/8c & 10/9c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – Flipping Out – Bravo @ 10/9c
- *New* – I Survived a Japanese Game Show – ABC @ 9:01/8:01c
- *New* – Rescue Me Minisodes – FX @ 10/9c (5-Minute Minisode)
- *New* – Street Patrol – My Network TV @ 8/7c & 8:30/7:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – The First 48 – A&E @ 9/8c
- *New* – The Secret Life of the American Teenager – ABC Family @ 8/7c
- *New* – Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood – Oxygen @ 10/9c
- *New* – Wipeout – ABC @ 8/7c