1. NEW PROMO PHOTOS: While some may argue that this TV Addict needs to get outside more, I’m just going to go ahead and say it. New promo photos make me giddy! Not only do they signify that the Fall TV Season is just around the corner. But Hello!?!? Surely I’m not the only one who’s beginning to think that the fine looking doctors of Princenton-Plainsboro are starting to give the dysfunctional gang from Seattle Grace a run for their money.
2. AN EVERWOOD REUNION: Now admittedly, Michael Ausiello totally deserves to be tied to a chair and force fed season after season of ACCORDING TO JIM for his incredibly misleading title that immeditatly got me thinking, “Gregory Smith on BROTHERS & SISTERS!” But nonetheless, in accordance with my [FOR] EVERWOOD obsession, this TV Addict is stoked that showrunner Rina Mimoun has tapped the adorable Sarah Drew [Hannah] for what will hopefully turn into a recurring guest stint on the CW’s PRIVILEGED. And while on the subject of the CW’s other new drama. You know, the one that doesn’t feature that famous zip code. You heard it here first. PRIVILEGED is going to be the CW hit that nobody saw coming.
3. MAD MEN’s VINCENT KARTHEIRSER: When Pete Campbell uttered the line, “What am I supposed to be doing now…” upon hearing about his father’s tragic death. Step one probably wasn’t — parlay this tragedy into a possible promotion at work. I’m just sayin’, probably not the way I would have handled things. But then again, who am I to judge? Promo photos make me giddy [see point #1]
4. WEEDS: Nobody puts the funny into hot button issues like illegal immigration and drug smuggling like WEEDS creator Jenji Kohan. And that’s why we love her. And the show, which is having its strongest season to date.
5. WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!: Ryan Seacrest was bitten by a shark during Discovery Channel’s Annual Shark Week. Talk about suspiciously good timing. Not surprisingly, requests for comment from Discovery Channel Executives have been met with a terse “no comment.” Quickly followed up by not so subtle “high fives” in the background*
* Some ‘facts’ may have been slightly exaggerated for humorous effect