Thursday brings with it a ridiculous amount of series premieres. First up is Destroyed in Seconds on the Discovery Channel at 9/8c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 9:30/8:30c.
Next is the series premiere of Glam God with Vivica A. Fox on VH1 at 10/9c. It searches for the next great celebrity stylist who has what it takes to become the stylist to the stars through their ability to create a chic masterpiece using the three key elements of fashion — hair, make-up and wardrobe. Each week the “stylista” contestants will be asked to compete in various challenges that will test their knowledge of fashion and style trends as they create the perfect look from head to toe. Those that fall short of creating that perfect look will have their style license revoked and will be sent packing. The one stylist that manages to rise above the rest will be given the ultimate reward — the chance to launch a career by styling an A-list celebrity and being awarded $100,000.
Another series premiere is Jacked: Auto Theft Task Force on A&E at 10/9c. A&E takes viewers inside the real-life dramatic pursuits of a specialized elite squad of police officers who set out each night under the cloak of darkness to put car thieves behind bars.
Yet ANOTHER series premiere is Tabatha’s Salon Takeover on Bravo at 10/9c. The straight-talking, perfectly coifed Tabatha Coffey lends her sound advice and styling expertise to help desperate salon owners turn their struggling businesses around.
In case that wasn’t enough, check out the series premiere of The Cho Show on VH1 at 11/10. The show will follow the irrepressible comedian Margaret Cho and her eccentric entourage as she fights to be herself in an industry that in the past wanted her to be something other than herself. The series will touch upon all aspects of Margaret’s “anything goes” lifestyle, from the strained and awkward moments provided by her somewhat traditional Korean parents, to the more irreverent and outrageous moments shared with her colorful cast of friends and colleagues.
Finally, it’s the series premiere of The Principal’s Office on TruTV at 9/8c, followed by a 2nd new episode at 9:30c. Fall semester is right around the corner, and it’s time for students to start getting ready to head back to the classroom. For some kids, however, it won’t be long before they’re face to face with a school administrator. From the first bell to the last after-school prank, from minor infractions to suspension-worthy violations, truTV is going be there to capture their moment of truth.
Tonight is also the 2nd season premiere (following last week’s 1st season finale) of Dragon’s Den on BBC America at 9/8c, and the season finales of Penn & Teller: Bullshit on Showtime and
Last up, tonight’s Olympic coverage includes: During the men’s 110m hurdles the host country will likely come to a standstill for 13 seconds as its Olympic hero Liu Xiang attempts to repeat as Olympic champion, on his home track. Other coverage includes the men’s 400m, the women’s 200m, the men’s triple jump, and Day 1 of the two-day decathlon. Also, women’s diving finals. It’s the women’s 10m platform diving gold medal final, and Laura Wilkinson is used to being the underdog. Eight years ago in Sydney she came back from eighth place to win an unexpected title while competing with broken bones in her foot. Now, at age 30, the Texan plays the underdog again, this time behind two Chinese teens half her age. Also, coverage of marquee events from track and field.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Penn & Teller: Bullshit – Showtime @ 10/9c
- *Season Finale* – Randy Jackson Presents: America’s Best Dance Crew – MTV @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Destroyed in Seconds – Discovery Channel @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes Including Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – Glam God with Vivica A. Fox – VH1 @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – Jacked: Auto Theft Task Force – A&E @ 10/9c & 10:30/9:30c (2 New Episodes Including Series Premiere)
- *Series Premiere* – Tabatha’s Salon Takeover – Bravo @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – The Cho Show – VH1 @ 11/10c
- *Series Premiere* – The Principal’s Office – TruTV @ 9/8c & 9:30/8:30c (2 New Episodes Including Series Premiere)
- *Season Premiere* – Dragons’ Den – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *Special* – 2008 Summer Olympic Games – NBC @ 8/7c (Night 14 of 17)
- *Sports* – NFL Pre-Season Football: 49ers at Bears – FOX @ 8/7c
- *New* – Big Brother – CBS @ 8/7c
- *New* – Burn Notice – USA @ 10/9c
- *New* – Flashpoint – CBS @ 10/9c
- *New* – Reality Bites Back – Comedy Central @ 10:30/9:30c
- *New* – Some Assembly Required – Discovery @ 8/7c & 8:30/7:30c (2 New Episodes)
- *New* – The Gong Show with Dave Attell – Comedy Central @ 10/9c
- *New* – The Works – History Channel @ 10/9c