Sunday marks the season finale of Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel at 9/8c and the season premiere of Entourage on HBO at 10/9c [8:30PM est on TMN in Canada].
Tonight is also the series premiere of three new shows. First up is a series preview of Hole in the Wall on FOX at 8/7c, the game show with hosts Mark Thompson and Brooke Burns. As one of the fastest, funniest and wettest shows on the planet, speed, agility and a hearty sense of humor are essential tools to survive facing the Hole. Two teams of three will compete against each other in multiple rounds of play, facing various barrier walls with weird and wacky cut-out shapes speeding toward them. Each team must contort their bodies either individually or in unison to fit through the wall or be swept away into a pool below. The winning team will win $25,000 and the chance to compete against the dreaded “Blind Wall” for an additional $100,000.
The next premiere is True Blood on HBO at 9/8c. Thanks to a Japanese scientist’s invention of synthetic blood, vampires have progressed from legendary monsters to fellow citizens overnight. And while humans have been safely removed from the menu, many remain apprehensive about these creatures “coming out of the coffin.” Religious leaders and government officials around the world have chosen their sides, but in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, the jury is still out. Local waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), however, knows how it feels to be an outcast. “Cursed” with the ability to listen in on people’s thoughts, she’s also open-minded about the integration of vampires — particularly when it comes to Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), a handsome 173-year-old living up the road. But as Sookie is drawn into a series of mysteries surrounding Bill’s arrival in Bon Temps, that tolerance will be put to the test.
Finally, it’s the series premiere of Sandhogs on the History Channel at 10/9c. Having built nearly every tunnel and underground project in New York City, Sandhogs have been an instrumental part of the development of the city. This new “American Original” explores the history of a world rarely seen, but one that is integral to the lifeblood of America’s largest city.
Also on tonight:
- *Season Finale* – Ice Road Truckers – History Channel @ 9/8c
- *Series Premiere* – Hole in the Wall – FOX @ 8/7c
- *Series Premiere* – Sandhogs – History Channel @ 10/9c
- *Series Premiere* – True Blood – HBO @ 9/8c
- *Season Premiere* – Entourage – HBO @ 10/9c
- *Special* – 9/11: The Towers and the Pentagon – Discovery @ 8/7c
- *Special* – 2008 MTV Video Music Awards – MTV @ 9/8c (2-Hour Special)
- *Special* – America United: In Support of Our Troops – ABC @ 9/8c
- *Sports* – Football Night In America – NBC @ 7/6c
- *Special* – Samurai Girl – ABC Family @ 8/7c & 9/8c (3rd of 3 Nights)
- *Sports* – Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears at Indianapolis – NBC @ 8:15/7:15c
- *New* – Army Wives – Lifetime @ 10/9c
- *New* – Big Brother – CBS @ 8/7c
- *New* – Mad Men – AMC @ 10/9c
- *New* – Skins – BBC America @ 9/8c
- *New* – Sunset Tan – E! @ 10:30/9:30c