As the song says, ya gotta have friends… and if they happen to be of the celebrity variety, all the better. So you can imagine my excitement when I became best buds with actor David Blue (perhaps best known for his recurring role as Cliff St. Paul, beau of UGLY BETTY’s snippy nemesis, Marc).
Okay, fine, in the name of full disclosure, I should probably admit that while I’m ready to declare us BFF’s, in reality we’re more like Twitter buds.
For those who think that means we’re bird watchers, let me offer enlightenment: Twitter is a popular microblogging platform allowing you to tag along, in the cyber sense, with everyone from your neighbor to some of your favorite celebrities like Greg Grunberg, Brea Grant and Felicia Day!
Oh, and yours truly.
Now here’s where things get really interesting. Because David Blue is among those I can now cyberstalk… er, follow at a respectable distance as per the restraining order, I’m hoping that by posting a message on Twitter, I can get his attention and bring him this way to answer a few questions while, at the same time, introducing himself to y’all and, not coincidentally, charming you into catching his latest appearance on UGLY BETTY (Thursday night at 8 p.m., ABC or, for my fellow Canadian, CityTV).
So let the great Twitter experiment commence as I post the questions below and then wait, with baited breath for Mr. Blue to respond. Which by the way, if you’re reading this Mr. Blue, you can contact me at email@example.com and we’ll arrange for you to answer the following questions…
1. According to IMDB, of your earliest acting credits was as a “Beefy Resident” on a TV Addict personal favorite, VERONICA MARS. How does one get in character to play a “Beefy Resident?”
2. Did playing a “Medical Intern” on SCRUBS prepare you in any way for playing Dr. Chip Walters on THE SUITE LIFE OF ZACK AND CODY? And while we’re on the subject, who’s cooler, Zack or Cody?
3. Sources say that you were considered for the role of Leonard in THE BIG BANG THEORY (which eventually went instead to Johnny Galecki) and were a top contender to play the role of “Chewie” in Michael Bay’s FRIDAY THE 13th remake right up until filming began. As an actor, do you thrive on the positive feedback that comes with knowing you were in the running for such roles… or does knowing that you, to quote Max Smart, “missed it by THAT much” keep one up nights wondering what you could have done differently?
4. Am I the only one who did a double-take while watching recent episodes of THE OFFICE, mistaking Rich Sommer — aka Pam’s art-school bud who is obviously crushing on her — for you?
5. What do you think of in order to keep from cracking up when filming scenes with UGLY BETTY’s Becki Newton and Michael Urie — aka Marc and Amanda?