1. Cobie Smulders: Not only was Cobie Smulders responsible for one-half of television’s most unexpected and delightful relationships of this past season, elevating her will-they-or-won’t-they with one Barney Stinson to that of legendary status. Her Canadian heritage continues to be the gift that keeps on giving, as evidence by ever more Robin Sparkles, Murtaugh, and one really handy list of Canadian Sex Acts.
2. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: With 60% of “The Final Five” Canadian born (Rekha Sharma, Aaron Douglas and Michael Hogan) BATTLESTAR GALACTICA has Canada to thank for their favorite crew’s happily ever after. Plus, we’re fairly certain your friends to the north deserve bonus points for being the birthplace of the eye candy that is Grace Park, Tricia Helfer and Tahmoh Penikett. We’re just sayin’
3. The CW: Little known fact: it’s not the Winchester Bros. talent for demon-hunting or Clark’s superpowers that have kept SUPERNATURAL and SMALLVILLE alive and well all these years. Rather, it’s a powerful yet rarely talked about ally known as the Canadian dollar. A dollar, whose low value in comparison to that of its American cousin has played a surprisingly large role in keeping both Vancouver based shows shooting all these years.
4. We’re Funny: Why are Canadians so funny? To paraphrase Nia Vardalos, who had this to say during her recent appearance on Kevin Pollak’s Chat Show, “We keep each-other laughing so that we don’t freeze.” Which probably accounts for why Canada is the home of Seth Rogen (FREAKS & GEEKS), Nia Vardalos (MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING), Samantha Bee (THE DAILY SHOW), Will Arnett (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT), Michael Cera (ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT), Nathan Fillion (CASTLE), Sarah Chalke (SCRUBS), Tom Cavanagh (ED) among others.
5. And Polite: Which is why we’re quick to apologize for Mike Meyers post-Austin Powers career, Celine Dion, Tom Green, Howie Mandel and Shenae Grimes among others.