1. Words we never expected, and frankly don’t believe belong in the same sentence: ACCORDING TO JIM + EMMY, with the ABC ‘laugher’ scoring a nod for outstanding cinematography for a half-hour series. (Hat Tip: @HitFixDaniel)
2. FAMILY GUY, you know we love you. But an outstanding comedy series nomination over the likes of PUSHING DAISIES, SOUTH PARK, THE SIMPSONS, THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE, and PARTY DOWN… well, not so much.
3. While BATTLESTAR GALACTICA’s intrepid crew of actors getting snubbed is sadly, par for the course come Emmy time, composer Bear McCreary getting snubbed is not and we should add, and Emmy #FAIL of the highest order.
4. Just how talented are Tina Fey and John Hamm? They got recognized not just once, but twice! Garnering nominations for their guest stints on SNL and 30 ROCK in addition to their regular gigs on 30 ROCK and MAD MEN respectively.
5. As EW.com’s Ken Tucker so astutely pointed out, “DR. HORRIBLE’S SING-A-LONG BLOG, was nominated in the (deep breath, now) Outstanding Special Class Short-Format Live-Action Entertainment Programs category.” Which means we get to see the cast perform a song live on Emmy night? Or at least that’s the unsubstantiated rumor we’ve decided to start…