Just how legen… wait for it… dary is the upcoming sixth season premiere of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER? So much so that we’re not about to spoil what goes down during the much-buzzed-about game-changer of a wedding here! Except to say that not only does the premiere more than live up to executive producer Carter Bays’ promise (in this week’s Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview) of “more mystery and depth to the show this year… locking these character into a story that puts them through the wringer,” but offers up a ton of surprises in the process. A few of which we thought we’d have a little fun by teasing in Today’s TV Addict Top 5.
1. The episode kicks off with the familiar timber of Bob Saget (voicing older Ted) telling offspring (Lyndsy Fonseca and David Henrie) the following, “Kids there are two big days in any love story, the day you meet the girl of your dreams, and the day you marry her.”
2. As a result of the immense pressure put on him to impregnate Lilly, Marshall isn’t thinking straight. Oh, and apparently, he isn’t the only one.
3. You know the old expression, “It’s a nice day for a white wedding?” Well, in the case of the HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER’s season premiere, not so much.
4. Remember that iconic kiss between Rachel Bilson’s Summer and Adam Brody’s Seth on THE OC? It will now go down as Bilson’s second most memorable on screen smooch!
5. You will most assuredly meet a mother.