Yesterday afternoon, in response to a conference call earlier in the week in which FRINGE showrunners J.H. Wyman and Jeff Pinkner emphatically defended their shows move to Friday, we, on a whim tweeted “We’re fine with the move to Friday,” under the hashtag #liesTVshowrunnerstellyou.
What followed, was a flurry of funny (“We Loved Ana Lucia” tweeted @sILOST) and eerily accurate (“The network has been incredibly supportive,” tweeted former SIMPSON EP @thatbilloakley) responses from around the twitterverse, the Top 10 of which we’ve compiled after the jump.
10. “We don’t know how Ausiello got that first.” tweeted @DamianLovesTV
9. “I’ve actually never seen [work with extremely similar premise].” tweeted @poniewozik
8. “The critics are solidly behind us and if you’re patient the audience will follow.” tweeted @maskedscheduler
7. “It’s not purgatory and it’s not time travel. And we’ll start answering questions soon!” tweeted @PlateOrPlatter
6. “We’re not worried about the ratings because the show does great on DVR and overseas.” tweeted @geckobrothers
5. “We already have the first five seasons all planned out.” tweeted @TVMcGee
4. “We know it’s funny if we can make the crew laugh.” tweeted @weinmanj
3. “We understand the danger of drawing _____ out too long.” tweeted @Ernie_Davis
2. “Viewers are going to love this new character introduced solely to keep the two leads apart.” tweeted @katangus
1. “That thing we did that most people hated? We’ll never do that again!” tweeted @moryan