1) As fans of scripted shows in general and soaps in particular, we refuse to encourage the decimation of an entire genre by execs like Brian Frons, whom Susan Lucci (Erica, ALL MY CHILDREN), beautifully described as having “that fatal combination of ignorance and arrogance.”
2) If we want cooking shows, we’ll go to the experts at The Food Network.
3) This week, time-slot competitor DAYS OF OUR LIVES kicks off a reboot that will bring fan-favorites John, Marlena, Carrie and Austin back to Salem.
4) You know how shows always put the good stuff in the promos? If having TOP CHEF’s Carla tell us that small shrimp are cheaper and still awesome in her gumbo is “the good stuff”, we’ll pass.
5) We hate those ugly orange crocs that Mario Batali wears.