We interrupt your regularly scheduled holiday proceedings to wish each and every one of you a safe, healthy and happy holiday season. May all of your [insert your holiday here] wishes come true.* Particularly if they happen to coincide with a few of ours (Which you can see after the jump).
• For life to imitate art in terms of Syfy’s upcoming creature feature JERSEY SHORE SHARK ATTACK.
• For a portion of the thirty million or so viewers who made Jerry Seinfeld’s sitcom the very definition of “Must See TV” to realize that HAPPY ENDINGS is the new SEINFELD.
• For NBC’s upcoming new series SMASH to be just that.
• A second season for TERRA NOVA. And not just because an Australian set visit is incredibly high up on our bucket list. Okay, maybe a little.
• More Twitter followers.
• Should the unthinkable happen and FRINGE not get renewed for a fifth and likely final season, we ask that Fox give the Producers enough warning so that they may craft the proper final arc fans of this fantastic science fiction series so richly deserve.
• Some good news for Soap fans. Seriously. These poor people who have been sticking by their shows for 20, 30, heck 40 years deserve a break. Not THE CHEW.
• For the gang from HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER to finally share with us the identity of that titular mother.
• Last year we said we’d settle for three million more viewers for NBC’s PARENTHOOD (Read: The best show that you’re not watching), this year we’ll settle for two. Cool?
• For the entirety of the American media to make a pact to wholeheartedly ignore whatever cockamamie scheme, feud, or faux run for office Donald Trump has up his sleeve for his annual all-too-obvious effort to boost ratings for his train-wreck of a reality series that is THE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE.
• Premiere dates for COUGAR TOWN, AWAKE and COMMUNITY that don’t include the PR speak “sizzling summer series.”
• For Apple’s much buzzed about TV to become a reality.
• For a Rina Mimoun penned odd couple style series featuring EVERWOOD alum Tom Amandes and Treat Williams. And speaking of alumni from our favourite shows of season’s past….
• Paris Geller (aka. Liza Weil) where art thou? Melissa McCarthy can’t be the only star to come out of the eerily prescient named town of Stars Hollow.
• Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men, Yada, yada, yada.
Fun Fact: Our traditional list of TV-related Holiday wishes is the real deal as evidence by the astoundingly high number of wishes from last year that came true, including: Kristen Bell’s return to TV, JACK & BOBBY: THE COMPLETE SERIES released on
DVD iTunes, an iPad edition of Entertainment Weekly and a satisfying ending to LIFE UNEXPECTED!