My friend Ed Herrmann was the kindest, classiest, most talented man. It was an honor and a joy to know him, a devastating blow to lose him.
— Lauren Graham (@thelaurengraham) December 31, 2014
• TVLine: Gilmore Girls Matriarch Kelly Bishop ‘Sad, Stunned’ By Death of TV Hubby Edward Herrmann
• HitFix Remembers: ‘Lost Boys’ and ‘Overboard’ star was also a frequent big and small screen FDR
• Time: Gilmore Girls Actor Edward Herrmann Dies at 71
• THR: ‘Gilmore Girls’ Star Edward Herrmann Dies at 71
• BuzzFeed: Edward Herrmann Has Died
• Deadline: ‘Gilmore Girls’ Regular Won Emmy & Tony In 40-Year Career
• TheWrap: Edward Herrmann, ‘Lost Boys’ Villain, Dead at 71
• Lauren Graham Remembers Gilmore Dad Edward Herrmann: ‘He Lit Up Any Room He Entered’
• Remembering Edward Herrmann: Gilmore Girls Creator Recalls the ‘Audition’ That Changed Everything.
• NYTimes: Edward Herrmann, Actor With a Noble Air, Dies at 71
• Must Read TV: Richard Gilmore’s Best 19 Quotes From “Gilmore Girls”
• Alexis Bledel on Gilmore Girls Grandpa Edward Herrmann: ‘I Will Miss Him Tremendously’
• Resume: Edward Herrmann on working with Warren Beatty, Woody Allen, and John Huston