Season 4 of ARROW is off to a dark start. While Oliver and Felicity have been enjoying domestic bliss (even after returning to Star City to get back in the hero game), a new evil has descended: Damien Darhk. Darhk is forcing Oliver and his team to turn to new fighting techniques and new methods of defeating the enemy, including Oliver’s race for Major of Star City.
During a recent visit to the ARROW set in Vancouver, stars Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards sat down to chat with reporters about what’s coming up in season 3 for Oliver, Felicity and their loved ones, including:
- Oliver’s engagement ring for Felicity will be making a reappearance “this season”, although Amell declined to say exactly when that would happen.
- There is going to be a very interesting cat-and-mouse game between Oliver and Darhk and the Green Arrow and Darhk in the first nine episodes.
- Oliver’s mayoral race will force him to “work with people”, including Quentin Lance. And his campaign will bring him closer to both Felicity and Thea.
- Amell thinks that “keeping within the framework of our show, we lend ourselves to the things that make Constantine fun as a character.”
- “They can kill off anyone. Modern television has proven to us that you can kill off anyone,” Amell warned when he was asked about the grave scene from the season premiere.
- Oliver and Donna Smoak have stayed in touch while Oliver and Felicity were off on their own and the two are on great terms when Donna returns to ARROW.
- Oliver is more trusting of his loved ones’ own abilities to protect themselves in season 4, which Amell thinks is a big sign of Oliver’s character growth.
- Felicity drives herself neurotic trying to prove whether Ray is really alive or dead in an upcoming episode.
Watch our full interviews with Amell and Rickards below and tune in to a new episode of ARROW on October 28 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on The CW.