It turns out that what you watch on Netflix has the potential to greatly impact your romantic relationships. As Valentine’s Day approaches, Netflix polled its Canadian millennial members to ask if what they stream has affected their relationships over the years. And guess what? It absolutely has, from talking about movies and TV shows to break the ice on a first date to binging on Netflix as the new “date night”.
- Dating Profiles 101. 77% of members discussed movies and TV shows to break the ice on a first date.
- Showgoggles. According to our survey, the most attractive genre of shows and movies in a potential partner are action thrillers (56%), documentaries (53%) and dramas (53%).
- A Modern Showmance. 73% of members have actually agreed to go on a date because the person had similar tastes in show and movies.
In It For the Long Haul
- Staying in is the New Date Night. 77% of couples say they watch Netflix together because they like spending time together without leaving the house, while seven in ten (68%) say shows are more fun when watched together, and 58% enjoy having someone to talk with about the show – the ultimate bonding experience!
- Showgotiation. While romantic comedies are the top choice for couples to watch together (56%), action thrillers follow as a close second (54%).