SCREAM is returning to MTV for an all new season on May 31 at 10:00 p.m. Stars and series regulars Willa Fitzgerald (Emma), John Karna (Noah), Tom Maden (Jake), Tracy Middendorf (Maggie), Amadeus Serafini (Kieran), Bex Taylor-Klaus (Audrey), and Carlson Young (Brooke) will return for the second season.
Six new characters will also be joining the show for season 2:
- Kiana Ledé (Zoe – Series Regular) – a fellow high school student, Zoe is a driven overachiever who harbors a secret.
- Santiago Segura (Gustavo Acosta – Series Regular) – A high school student, Gustavo is dark and brooding. An outsider, observing from the sidelines, he’s a skilled artist who’s deeply into horror, serial killers and comic books.
- Anthony Ruivivar (Sheriff Michael Acosta – Recurring) – An outspoken, competent and experienced cop, Sherrif Acosta returns to Lakewood, where he grew up. He is a devoted, if sometimes strict, family man who’s very protective of his son, Gustavo.
- Austin Highsmith (Karen Lang – Recurring) – A young, idealistic high school psychology teacher who becomes a confidant and mentor to her students.
- Sean Grandillo (Eli – Recurring) – Eli is Kieran’s (Amadeus Serafini) cousin. He presents as squeaky clean image, but may have ulterior motives.
- Karina Logue (Tina Hudson – Recurring) – Tina’s proper and polite, but with a grifter’s sense of self-reliance.
According to MTV, here is the logline for season 2: “MTV and Dimension TV’s second season of SCREAM picks up with Emma’s (Willa Fitzgerald) return to Lakewood after several months at a retreat, where she tried to recover from the horrors of last season. Everyone is walking on eggshells around her, questioning whether she has truly gotten over the Killer’s crimes. Meanwhile, Audrey (Bex Taylor-Klaus) is hiding her connection to the Killer, but is getting harassed by someone who knows the truth. Brooke (Carlson Young) and Jake (Tom Maden) are also keeping secrets: They are hiding a budding romance from Mayor Maddox. And Noah (John Karna) is getting closer and closer to the truth about the season one murders. Lakewood’s murderous past, both recent and distant, are once again brought to focus – with this Killer’s psychotic mind-game intent on bringing Lakewood’s heroes down in a storm of betrayal and bloodshed.”