- Slide 1 of 10
Tonight’s episode of NCIS: LOS ANGELES is titled “Where There’s Smoke…”. Here is a list of hot topics about events in and out of the boasted:
1. Tonight, Sam (LL COOL J) and Callen (Chris O’Donnell) go undercover as firefighters when top secret information about suspected terrorists is stolen from a secure Department of Defense container at the site of a fire.
2. The pair gets to climb a hook-and-ladder, work with the LAFD and drive a firetruck.
3. Eric (Barrett Foa) finds out that Nell (Renée Felice Smith) may have the “hots” for firemen.
4. Last week’s smokin’ hot episode, “Granger, O.,” set Densi fans’ hearts afire with a lot of talk about having children, potential weddings, what kind of ceremony, and whom to invite.
5. When plans grow from a simple ceremony with the Moms and Monty on the beach to one that invites the NCIS: LOS ANGELES team, the Tiffanies, the friends-of-friends and plus-ones. As the list gets longer, tempers could flare.
6. Now that actress Daniela Ruah (Kensi) and stuntman husband, David Paul Olsen, have announced that they are expecting a second child, it seems like a good time for Kensi and Deeks to get hitched. It definitely seems easier than shipping Kensi off to Afghanistan in a burqa to cover her expanding midsection like they did when the actress had her first baby. Wearing a burqa in June…very warm.
7. Ruah’s husband, Daniel Paul Olsen, is the stunt double for brother, Eric. Two Olsens, one show. Definitely hot.
8. Since Eric Christian Olsen (Deeks) and wife, actress Sarah Wright, also are expecting, the producers could have opted to marry off Kensi and Deeks and explain their time away by sending them on a month-long honeymoon in the tropical climate of Tahiti.
9. Whether Kensi will become pregnant to explain Ruah’s waistline growth is a topic of discussion that is not taken lightly. The producers question if it is responsible for two people, in the same high-risk job who could be killed on the same assignment, to consider having children. One wrong move and their children could lose both parents on the same op. Definitely a topic for heated discussion.
10. The NCIS: LOS ANGELES producers rarely take the easy way out, opting for “fan satisfaction,” instead. R. Scott Gemmill recently was quoted indicating that the official proposal will not come until Season 8, saying, “the fans have waited long enough that we want it to be worth the wait.” Focusing on making the fans happy? How hot is it that?
11. The hottest topic of all? Last week, O’Donnell presented the 2016 Visionary Award from the non-profit Extraordinary Families. EF hosted its first Awards Gala to recognize the work of foster parents and mentors who improve the lives of children. Show creator, Shane Brennan, was recognized for having the character of Callen be a former foster child who grew up in 37 different foster families, a plight that is not unusual in real life. Callen becomes a crimefighting hero despite bouncing from foster home to foster home as a child. Giving hope to a child growing up in difficult circumstances…really hot.
NCIS: LOS ANGELES also stars Linda Hunt and Miguel Ferrer. Guest starring on “Where There’s Smoke…” are David Barrera, Steven Flynn, Josh Duhon, Skyler Maxon, Jason Sims-Prewitt, JoNell Kennedy and Josh Crotty.
“Where There’s Smoke…” was written by Andrew Bartels and directed by James Hanlon.