Earth was not a kind place for the Arc survivors this past season on THE 100. Between an A.I. trying to convert everyone and the battle for the Commander position of the 12 clans (13 – if you count SkaiKru), we lost a lot of people in season 3. Lexa was probably one of the most controversial deaths of television this year, but in the end, she was the one who helped Clarke defeat Alie inside the City of Light.
When it all seemed to finally have settled and that they were going to be okay, The Powers That Be decided to throw us for a loop and left us with a huge cliffhanger — apparently, Earth is on the verge of a nuclear apocalypse. Can’t these guys ever catch a break?
THE 100 stars Eliza Taylor, Lindsey Morgan, Marie Avgeropoulos, Chris Clarkin, Henry Ian Cusick and Richard Harmon — along with executive producer Jason Rothenberg — took to the stage at San Diego Comic-Con to tease what’s coming up in season 4.
We started the hour with a sizzle reel to catch people up on the past 3 seasons of THE 100 and that ended with Clarke asking if they even deserve to survive, now that they have an impending apocalypse (check out the ominous smoke surrounding Polis in the video below). Jason Rotherberg elaborated on that and commented about how, this time, their enemy is not human — it’s not something that can be killed or defeated. Eliza Taylor teased that Clarke will react in typical Clarke fashion, and try to get everyone on board with a plan, but that some of the other characters’ reactions to that will be very different and varied.
- Octavia will take a really dark turn, according to Marie Avgeropoulos. Next season, she will embrace what she does best and will become an assassin of sorts. She says Indra had a map part in helping Octavia finding herself and that she became a warrior because of it; and she is most definitely embracing that this season.
- Lindsey says Raven is so much stronger now because of Alie. The AI left so much knowledge in her head and she feels like Raven will be a completely different person next season. She’s been through hell and back and that has only made her tougher.
- Richard Harmon says that Murphy has found his match and someone that he can share his life with. . He thinks that for the first time he can see the possibility of a happy ending for Murphy.
- Jason says that Indra and Roan are both alive. Zach McGowan is joining the cast as a series regular, so we will see a lot more of the Ice Nation King. He’s going to come back in a big way, the executive producer teased. He also mentioned that we will get to see Luna again and that we will see her join the rest of the characters.
- Another interesting fact that Jason mentioned was that Jasper was supposed to kill himself after he got out of City of Light, but he felt that it was way too dark, so they changed Jasper’s fate and he is definitely coming back next season.
- The flame is still very much accessible, but there are no nightbloods that want it. However, Titus had some scouts around the world to look for them, so we will get to see more of that. At first, there is no leadership in sight, for the 13 clans nor for Arcadia.
THE 100 returns with an all new season in 2017 on The CW.