FAMOUS IN LOVE is a classic example of “be careful what you wish for”. Based on the book of the same name, the new series was created by PRETTY LITTLE LIARS producer I. Marlene King and stars Bella Thorne.
Thorne stars as Paige, an ordinary college student who decides to try out for a starring role in a Hollywood blockbuster on a bit of a whim. But when she actually gets the part, she must learn to navigate her new star-studded life, as well as her chemistry with her two co-leads. Rainer (played by Carter Jenkins), the son of Hollywood royalty, is one of Paige’s costars in the movie, as is Jordan (played by Keith Powers), who is described as “a Hollywood bad boy”. He also happens to have a complicated history with Rainer. The other faces we’ll get to meet in the pilot are:
- Jake (played by Jesse Henderson) is Paige’s best friend who becomes jealous when Paige starts hanging out with Rainer
- Alexis (played by Niki Koss) is one of Rainer’s old friends, who competes with Paige for the same role, and like most people on the show, has a secret
- Cassandra (played by Georgie Flores) is Paige’s roommate and close friend, who is straightforward and a good friend
- Nina (played by Perrey Reeves) is Rainer’s smart and cunning mother, who is half of one of Hollywood’s most powerful couples. Confident and manipulative, she does whatever it takes to make sure things go her son’s way
- Tangey (played by Pepi Sonuga) is a beautiful pop star who mysteriously disappeared from the public eye, and was previously involved with both Rainer and Jordan
- Grant Devon (played by Mark Valley) is Grant Devon, Rainer’s father who is also a major figure in Hollywood
FAMOUS IN LOVE will premiere after the PRETTY LITTLE LIARS spring premiere in April 2017 on Freeform.