ZOO’s second season ended with a time jump, but before we went ten years into the future Mitch, Jamie, Logan, Dariela, Abe, Clementine and Jackson enacted a daring plan to cure the animals from their murderous tendencies. Unknowingly, however, they also sterilized the entire human population and Mitch was killed in the process.
Now it’s 2027 and humanity has reached a tipping point: the human population is dwindling as a result of babies no longer being born and “the hybrids” (an army of unstopping lab-made creatures) are working on destroying the remaining humans. While the team has separated over the last decade, they are forced to come together again when they learn that Mitch might actually be alive. CBS teases that “as the planet’s future hangs in the balance, the team must race to stop the hybrids and their creator – a shadowy figure with a startling connection to the team’s past.”
Here is where everyone is when the show returns for season 3:
- Jackson: Protecting people in the hybrid zones.
- Mitch: His daughter, Clementine, reunites the team to search for her father who she believes is still alive and may hold the secret to stopping the hybrids.
- Abraham: Trying to solve the human reproductive crisis.
- Dariela: Her son with Abraham, Isaac Kenyatta, is one of the last remaining children on the planet.
- Jamie: A successful author searching for Mitch and hunting down Shepherds, the people responsible for sterilizing humanity.
- Logan: As an NYPD detective, he’s investigating hybrid attacks across the country.
Don’t miss the return of ZOO tonight (June 29) at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on CBS (U.S.) and CTV (Canada).