CraveTV has announced the order of a second original series, NEW EDEN, the arrival of new primetime U.S. shows to its streaming service this fall and more.
NEW EDEN, an eight-part, half-hour “true crime” anthology starring Evany Rosen (PICNICFACE, BARONESS VON SKETCH SHOW) and Kayla Lorette (THE BEAVERTON, SPACE RIDERS) goes into production this fall. The show “follows the misguided attempt of two women, Katherine Whitfield (Lorette) and Grace Lee (Rosen), who started what would become the first, all-female cult of its size. After experiencing the oppression of a male-dominated cult, they decided to create a safe space for women, New Eden. In the inexperienced hands of Whitfield and Lee, the community quickly devolves into a drug-addled, pagan, and sometimes alien-worshipping, disaster space… with the possibility of some murders too.”
In addition, Crave TV picked up streaming rights for THE GOOD DOCTOR. The series’ first season will begin streaming in August on the service.
Finally, CraveTV also secured streaming rights for six new U.S. series for the new television season. The series confirmed to stream on CraveTV during the 2018/2019 season are:
- DEADLY CLASS, based on the graphic novel series by Rick Remender and from the Russo brothers
- GOD FRIENDED ME, a humorous and uplifting drama starring Brandon Micheal Hall (watch trailer)
- ONE DAY SHE’LL DARKEN (working title), a mystery-drama starring Chris Pine from director Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman)
- THE RED LINE, a timely, racially charged drama from producers Ava DuVernay and Greg Berlanti
- THE ROOKIE, the biggest get at the L.A. Screenings, starring Nathan Fillion (watch trailer)
- WHISKEY CAVALIER, a high-octane dramedy starring Scott Foley and Lauren Cohan (watch trailer)