BONES stars Emily Deschanel (Dr. Temperance Brennan), David Boreanaz (FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth), TJ Thyne (Dr. Jack Hodgins), Michaela Conlin (Angela Montenegro), Tamara Taylor (Dr. Camille Saroyan) and John Boyd (FBI Agent James Aubrey) — as well as executive producers Jonathan Collier and Michael Peterson — took to the stage at San Diego Comic-Con for the last time to tease season 12 (a.k.a. the final season).
Thursday’s season finale revealed that Zack seemed to be involved in the Puppeteer serial killer storyline. Was he the killer or is he involved in another way? The season 12 premiere will serve as a continuation of the last season finale. The good news is that Michael confirmed that everyone in attendance at the panel would not die. But the bad news is that he said two other characters we’ve seen in the past will die in the final season.
Other highlights from the panel include:
- When asked about Brennan turning to psychology in the season finale, the producers said that was all about life and death. She won’t be softening her general attitude towards psychology going forward.
- “You asked for it and we brought him back,” Michael said about Zack Addy. “We’re going to try to bring him back for three to four more episodes” because there is still a story to be told about him.
- There’s more to come for Cam and Arastoo. “I thought the writers were going to cheat me out of a wedding, but it sounds like they are going to [go through with it],” Tamara teased.
- TJ is feeling pretty confident about Hodgins and Angela’s future, despite the turmoil after Hodgins was paralyzed. “I think Jack and Angela will always make it,” TJ said.
- Another undercover episode is coming! “It’s a world we’ve never been in [but it’s one] that I think only Booth and Bones can do justice to,” the producers said about a special season 12 episode.
- How do they want the show to end? “Hopefully not in death,” Emily said. She wants a bit of happiness in the end for the characters and for Brennan to continue growing.
- A lot is going to happen to the characters at a “faster pace” in the final season, the producers teased. There’s only 12 more episodes left, so expect the story to play out at an accelerated pace.
- As a final tidbit for BONES fans, the producers that in episode 11 of season 12, you will find out what the long-appearing ’447′ means in the show.
BONES will return at mid-season (in early 2017) for the final season on Fox.