A third season of DESIGNATED SURVIVOR is coming to Netflix Canada in June 2019. The show, which was cancelled in 2018 by ABC, was soon picked up by Netflix and turned into an original series. Meanwhile, you can also catch the new Netflix original film MURDER MYSTERY, starring Aniston and Adam Sandler. And Jon Favreau is returning to his love of cooking in THE CHEF SHOW, which will feature appearances from his famous Marvel friends. Finally, you can also catch a new season of BLACK MIRROR and the third season of JESSICA JONES.
- Arthdal Chronicles (Netflix Original): In a mythical land called Arth, the inhabitants of the ancient city of Arthdal and its surrounding regions vie for power as they build a new society.
- Oh, Ramona! (Netflix Film): Awkward 16-year-old Andrei is infatuated with his alluring but aloof schoolmate Ramona — until he meets stunning hotel clerk Anemona while on vacation.
- A Dog’s Purpose
- Alien: Covenant
- Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
- Apocalypse Now
- Jurassic Park
- Jurassic Park III
- Life in the Doghouse
- Police Academy
- Satan & Adam
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- The Net
- The Quake
- Malibu Rescue: The Series (Netflix Family): On the heels of Junior Rescue training, Team Flounder returns to brave the beach in a series of thrilling saves and lighthearted laughs.
- Baroness Von Sketch Show: Season 3
- The Guilty
- Miranda Sings Live…Your Welcome (Netflix Original): With more than 2 billion views across her YouTube channels, Colleen Ballinger has become an international sensation with her hilarious alter-ego Miranda Sings. Filmed in front of a packed house of “Mirfandas,” Miranda Sings Live…Your Welcome launches globally on Tuesday, June 4. While Colleen reads snippets of her diary and sings through some of the weird comments she receives, the next ‘Virgin Mary’ Miranda blesses the audience with her combination of acting, singing, dancing, modeling, and magic.
- A Silent Voice
- Black Mirror: Season 5 (Netflix Original): Smithereens: A cab driver with an agenda becomes the centre of attention on a day that rapidly spirals out of control. Striking Vipers: Two estranged college friends reunite in later life, triggering a series of events that could alter their lives forever. Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too: A lonely teenager yearns to connect with her favourite pop star – whose charmed existence isn’t quite as rosy it appears…
- Couples Retreat
- Do the Right Thing
- Nanny McPhee
- Nanny McPhee Returns
- Role Models
- The Boy Next Door
- The Breakfast Club
- Alles ist gut (Netflix Film): A woman sexually assaulted by her new boss’s brother-in-law tries to move on as if nothing happened, but the night weighs heavily on her mind and body.
- 3%: Season 3 (Netflix Original): Michele creates an idyllic Inland sanctuary that’s open to all, but when a crisis hits, she’s forced to design a selection process of her own.
- The Black Godfather (Netflix Film): An expansive look at the exceptional life and legacy of Clarence Avant, one of the most influential dealmakers in music, entertainment, and politics over the last 60 years.
- The Chef Show (Netflix Original): Cooking is a journey. And making a meal is about more than just food. It’s about appreciating friends, family and tradition. An opportunity to come together. To learn, to share and to celebrate different flavors, cultures and people. In The Chef Show actor/director Jon Favreau and award-winning Chef Roy Choi reunite after their critically acclaimed film Chef to embark on a new adventure. The two friends experiment with their favorite recipes and techniques, baking, cooking, exploring and collaborating with some of the biggest names in the entertainment and culinary world. From sharing a meal with the Avengers cast in Atlanta, to smoking brisket in Texas with world-renowned pitmaster Aaron Franklin, to honoring the legendary food critic Jonathan Gold in Los Angeles – Favreau and Choi embrace their passion for food, but more importantly their love for bringing people together over a delicious meal.
- Designated Survivor: Season 3 (Netflix Original): The gloves come off as Kirkman launches his election campaign amidst ethical quandaries, international incidents and a new terrorism threat at home.
- Elisa & Marcela (Netflix Film): In 1901 in Galicia, Spain, Elisa Sánchez Loriga adopts a male identity in order to marry another woman, Marcela Gracia Ibeas. Based on true events.
- I Am Mother (Netflix Film): In the wake of humanity’s extinction, a teenage girl is raised by a robot designed to repopulate the earth. But their unique bond is threatened when an inexplicable stranger arrives with alarming news.
- Rock My Heart (Netflix Film): A thrill-seeking teenage girl with a heart defect bonds with a rowdy black stallion and fights to ride in a race despite her life-threatening illness.
- Super Monsters Monster Pets (Netflix Family): For big fun, think small! Join the Super Monsters and their adorable new Monster Pets for a series of short and silly animated adventures.
- Tales of the City (Netflix Original): Returning to San Francisco after a long absence, Mary Ann Singleton reunites with the colorful community of LGBTQ characters at 28 Barbary Lane.
- The Edge of Seventeen
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Baby Driver
- Disney’s Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Jo Koy: Comin’ In Hot (Netflix Original): Witness the Blaisdell Arena explode with laughter when Jo Koy takes the stage. Returning for his second Netflix special, Jo Koy: Comin’ In Hot, be prepared to witness a dazzling display of hula dancing and an arsenal of self-deprecating humor. Koy is fired up to educate the masses on how to raise a millennial, the intricacies of Filipino traditions, and more!
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese (Netflix Film): In an alchemic mix of fact and fantasy, Martin Scorsese looks back at Bob Dylan’s 1975 Rolling Thunder Revue tour and a country ripe for reinvention.
- The 3rd Eye 2 (Netflix Film): Working in an orphanage, Alia meets teen Nadia, who says she hears a strange voice in the walls. When they try to find the source, things go very wrong.
- Jinn (Netflix Original): When a school trip to Petra turns deadly, some students suspect supernatural forces are to blame. Back home, a mysterious boy appears before Mira.
- Kakegurui xx (Netflix Anime): Kirari dissolves the student board and proposes a school-wide gambling battle royal, ushering in a new era of chaos and competition for her seat.
- Aggretsuko: Season 2 (Netflix Anime): From her mother meddling in her personal affairs to a nightmarish new coworker, Retsuko’s still got a lot to rage about in her karaoke sessions.
- The Alcàsser Murders (Netflix Original): An analytical examination of the investigation into the 1992 murders of three teens from Alcàsser, Spain, a case that profoundly affected the nation.
- Awake: The Million Dollar Game (Netflix Original): Sleepless for 24 hours, contestants in this comedy game show stumble through challenges both eccentric and mundane for a chance at a $1 million prize.
- Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Season 3
- Charité at War (Netflix Original): During World War II, the patients and staff at Berlin’s Charité hospital grapple with Nazis, eugenics and euthanasia.
- Cinderella Pop (Netflix Film): Distressed by her parents’ divorce, Cíntia Dorella does not believe in love anymore until she meets and falls in love with singer-songwriter Freddy Prince.
- iZombie: Season 5
- Leila (Netflix Original): Leila, from writer and executive producer Urmi Juvekar, based on a book by Prayaag Akbar, tells the story of Shalini, a free-thinking woman in search of the daughter she lost upon her arrest 16 years earlier. Set in the near future, this inventive, boundary-breaking story centres around longing, faith and loss.
- Life Overtakes Me (Netflix Original): In the grip of trauma, hundreds of refugee children in Sweden withdraw from life’s uncertainties into a coma-like illness called Resignation Syndrome.
- Murder Mystery (Netflix Film): When a NYC cop finally takes his wife on a long promised European trip, a chance meeting on the flight gets them invited to an intimate family gathering on the super yacht of elderly billionaire Malcolm Quince. When Quince is murdered, they become the prime suspects in a modern day whodunit.
- Unité 42 (Netflix Original): A widowed cop tapped to lead a special cyber crimes unit teams up with a former hacker to hunt down tech-savvy criminals who are terrorizing Belgium.
- Taking Lives
- THE MECHANIC
- Adam Devine: Best Time of Our Lives (Netflix Original): Critically acclaimed comedian, Adam Devine, knows that growing up sucks and is here to tell you why. Filmed in front of a packed house at The Orpheum Theater in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska, Devine’s new Netflix comedy special will give a comedic take on the worst parts of growing up including puberty, parental judgment, and almost dying on your 21st birthday.
- Beats (Netflix Film): A reclusive teenage musical prodigy forms an unlikely friendship with a down-on-his-luck high school security guard. United by their mutual love of hip hop, they confront the demons of their past and try to break into Chicago’s music scene.
- The Edge of Democracy (Netflix Film): A cautionary tale for these times of democracy in crisis – the personal and political fuse to explore one of the most dramatic periods in Brazilian history. Combining unprecedented access to leaders past and present, including Presidents Dilma Rousseff and Lula da Silva, with accounts of her own family’s complex political and industrial past, filmmaker Petra Costa (ELENA) witnesses their rise and fall and the tragically polarized nation that remains.
- Mr. D: Season 8
- Annabelle: Creation
- Le Chant du Loup (Netflix Film): With nuclear war looming, a military expert in underwater acoustics strives to prove things aren’t as they seem — or sound — using only his ears.
- Ad Vitam (Netflix Original): In an age of medical technology that allows humans to live forever young, a cop and a rebellious 20-something investigate a mass suicide of seven teens.
- Bolívar (Netflix Original): This dramatization depicts the life — and loves — of Venezuelan leader Simón Bolívar, who helped several countries gain independence from Spain.
- The Casketeers: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Francis and Scottie reveal their weight loss. The Tipenes’ funeral home — and family — expands. The staff prepare funerals for the old and young.
- The Confession Tapes: Season 2 (Netflix Original): They confessed to horrible crimes they claim they never really committed. But why? Four more stories tackle the tricky question.
- Dark: Season 2 (Netflix Original): As the date for the apocalyptic Last Cycle approaches, Winden’s families discover that they play a critical role in the fate of their world.
- EVANGELION: DEATH (TRUE)²
- Girls Incarcerated: Season 2 (Netflix Original): A year after Madison Juvenile closed, a new group of girls at LaPorte Juvenile Correctional Facility navigate the challenges of teen life behind bars.
- GO! Live Your Way: Season 2 (Netflix Family): Mía tries to discover the truth about her father while also finding success with her singing career. Jealous Lupe’s antics threaten her friendships.
- Jaoon Kahan Bata Ae Dil (Netflix Film): Tension plays the third wheel in this portrait of a couple whose caustic, at times jarring, interactions strain their relationship over a Mumbai evening.
- Mr. Iglesias (Netflix Original): Stand-up phenom Gabriel Iglesias stars in this series as a good-natured high school history teacher who tries to help gifted misfit kids.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Queen of the South: Season 3
- The End of Evangelion
- Marvel Studios The Avengers
- Forest of Piano: Season 2 (Netflix Anime): After the first stage of the Chopin competition, Kai and Shuhei prepare for the next round while confronting their own reasons for playing music.
- Mike Epps: Only One Mike (Netflix Original): Comedian and actor Mike Epps is appropriately inappropriate in his no-holds-barred Netflix stand-up special, Mike Epps: Only One Mike. Filmed at Constitution Hall in Washington, DC, the one-hour special reminds us why Epps is a one-of-a-kind comedian as he reflects on the gift (and curse) of raising four daughters, overcoming childhood dyslexia and the mysterious infinite wisdom of old people. Den of Thieves’ Jesse Ignjatovic, Evan Prager, Jared Morell, and Jordan Barrow executive produced along with Naptown’s Mike Epps, Thomas Cobb, Niles Kirchner, Kyra Robinson and Royale Watkins. Directed by Kevin Bray.
- Answer for Heaven (Netflix Original): A righteous fallen angel must work and live with a rating-obsessed reporter to investigate crimes in a highly competitive office environment.
- 7SEEDS (Netflix Anime): A shy girl named Natsu learns that she’s part of a group chosen to ensure the survival of humanity. Together, they have to survive on a changed Earth.
- Dope: Season 3 (Netflix Original): Around the world, from Los Angeles to Rotterdam, the war on drugs rages on as users and addicts remain caught in the middle.
- Exhibit A (Netflix Original): This true crime series shows how innocent people have been convicted with dubious forensic tools and techniques such as cadaver dogs and touch DNA.
- Instant Hotel: Season 2 (Netflix Original): Four new pairs of home hoteliers check in and check out each other’s properties as they compete for the title of Australia’s best vacation rental.
- Motown Magic: Season 2 (Netflix Family): A second season of magic and music following Ben and his friends Angie and Mickey as they discover that creativity can bring vibrancy to their city and important life lessons.
- Paquita Salas: Season 3 (Netflix Original): Paquita experiences a life-changing evening with Macarena García, and later learns about social media. A reinvented Magüi takes control of her life.
- The Chosen One (Netflix Original): Three young doctors sent to a remote village in Pantanal to vaccinate residents find themselves trapped in an isolated community shrouded in secrets.
- Anne with an E: Season 2
- Glee: Seasons 1-6
Coming in June
- Marvel’s Jessica Jones: Season 3 (Netflix Original): When Jessica (Krysten Ritter) crosses paths with a highly intelligent psychopath, she and Trish (Rachael Taylor) must repair their fractured relationship and team up to take him down. But a devastating loss reveals their conflicting ideas of heroism, and sets them on a collision course that will forever change them both.
- Trinkets (Netflix Original): When three teenage girls from different corners of the high school cafeteria find themselves in the same mandated Shoplifter’s Anonymous meeting, an unlikely friendship forms. Elodie — the grieving misfit, Moe — the mysterious outsider, and Tabitha — the imperfect picture of perfection, will find strength in each other as they negotiate family issues, high school drama and the complicated dilemma of trying to fit in while longing to break out.
Last Call – Titles Rotating Off the Service in June 2019
- Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
- Wedding Crashers
- Marvel Studios Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- American Pie